search

Blog Archive

Thursday, July 19, 2012

{The S Family} Family Portraits

What is something special about being a photographer?  Watching a family grow and meeting their new additions!

Oh how I squealed with excitement when Traci asked if I would photograph her family (again) as they were visiting from Portugal.  They need an updated family picture for their prayer cards.  Their family has grown since I last photographed them... they already have two sweet daughters, and now they are blessed with an adorable son!  (Sounds a lot like my own family.)  I admire Traci for several reasons, but mostly for being stay-at-home mom in a country where she has no immediate family, and where staying at home is not valued as much as it is here in the United States.   We both know that staying home to raise kids is not easy, not glamorous, not consistently rewarding, but there is nothing else we would rather do!

I knew Traci's girls would enjoy a break from the heat so we decided to meet in the local mountains for their family portraits.   An untimely and unpredictable road block caused a delay in the start of our session.   But this family knows how to enjoy themselves and how to be relaxed.  Traci and I even had some good laughs as we untwined ourselves from the fishing wire and hooks we got into while walking around the lake.

I think I know just which picture they will use for their prayer cards.  Once they decide and get the cards printed I will be sure to post it here!












1 comment:

Traci said...

Ahh, I love them!!! Thank you SOOO much!!!!