search

Blog Archive

Monday, May 7, 2012

{Bowen Siblings} Child Portraits

This session is very dear to my heart, but the the explanation is rather lengthy.  Here is some background....

When my husband and I moved out to Yucaipa, I was blessed with a job opportunity as a pediatrician with a large and reputable medical group in Redlands.  The absolute best part was that I was going to be partnering with one of the best pediatricians around... Dr. Smith.  He and his wife, Myrna, soon became very good friends with my husband and I.   And just before we started having kids, his daughter started having hers.  And let me tell you, her kids are super adorable... wait until you see their smiles!   I still remember the days she would come to visit in the office with her young son, Thomas, and then with sweet Emily.   Their visits were always extra special since they live in Idaho.

Their most recent visit was the most exciting (for me) because their mom wanted me to photograph her kids (even though she is an awesome photographer too).  So we planned a fun, relaxing session on an orange grove in Redlands.   I can still hear all the giggles, the excitement about the Toys'R'Us shopping spree Thomas was looking forward to, and the screams (mostly from me) as Emily fearlessly picked up a lizard out of a canoe!   What a fun session, and an honor to spend time with Thomas and Emily!
























1 comment:

Celesa Felix said...

Michelle I am loving your stylized shoots. They are so adorable. Your work is so beautiful.